- 4 days - 3 nights
- 0 Review
- Coliseum – Roman Forum – Vatican City – Sistine Chapel – St. Peter’s Basilica – Trevi Fountain – Piazza Navona – Pantheon
ROME 4 DAYS / 3 NIGHTS
Rome is regarded as one of the world’s most beautiful ancient cities, and contains vast amounts of priceless works of art, palaces, museums, churches, gardens, basilicas, temples and other venues in general. Legend holds that Romulus and Remus founded Rome in 753 B.C. – the mythical image of the two brothers suckled by the she-wolf, other than the Colosseum, has become the iconographic symbol for the Capital. Rome is one of world’s most photogenic cities – not surprising when you consider what’s here: The Vatican, the Trevi Fountain, St Peter’s Square, Spanish Steps…
- Visit Coliseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hills
- Explore Vatican city, Sistine Chapel, St Peter’s Basilica & VaticanMuseums
- EncountertheRelics of the Passion of Jesus Christ
- See Rome Highlights : Castel Sant Angelo, Spanish steps, Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona, Pantheon…
Day 1: Rome
• Arrive at Rome airport
• Overnight in Rome
Arrival at Rome airport, assistance and transfer to your hotel in Rome. Check in, overnight in the hotel.
- Rome Airport Inn, Via del Faro, Fiumicino, Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy
Day 2: Rome
• Coliseum (Coliseum , Vomitorii)
• Palatine Hills ( House of Augustus, House of Livy, Hippodrome of Domitian, Baths of Trajan, FarneseGardens)
• Roman Forum ( Basilica Julia, Rostra, Curia, Temple of Saturn, Temple of Antoninus Pius, Temple of Caesar)
Breakfast. Today, we will discover the political & social center of an Empire that would rule from Portugal to Iran, from Britain to all the north of Africa – all ruled from the Imperial Roman Forum. The tour will start seeing one of the world’s most renowned stadium- the Coliseum. We then go on to see the Palatine Hill – the place of the foundation of Rome by the legendary Romulus after killing his brother Remus. The tour will finish with a visit of the Roman Forum.
• Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore
• Basilica of Santa Prassede
• Holy steps
• Basilica of San Giovanni
• Basilica of Santa Croce
• Icon of Our Lady of the Passion ( San Alfonso Ligouri church)
In the evening we are going to visit one of the oldest churches dedicated to Virgin Mary, the Basilica of St Mary the Major ( Santa Maria Maggiore). We then walk over to the Basilica of Santa Prassede built in the 8th century it holds some of the finest examples of medieval Christian art and holds a fragment of the pillar upon which Christ was flogged. We then enter the church of Sant Alfonso Ligouri to see the beautiful 15th century Byzantine icon of Our Lady of the Passion. After we visit the Church of Santa Scala ( Holy Steps) brought from Jerusalem by St Helena (mother of Roman Emperor Constantine) and so named because they are the steps which led to the praetorium of the then Roman procurator – Pontius Pilot. Then we will visit the Cathedral of Rome, Basilica of San Giovanni and finally we enter one of the Seven Pilgrim Churches of Rome,BasilicadiSantaCroce.According to tradition, the basilica was consecrated circa 325 to house the relics of the Passion of Jesus Christ brought to Rome from the Holy Land by Empress St. Helena. Return to hotel for over night.
- Piazza Navona, Rome, Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy
Day 3: Rome
• Sistine Chapel
• Vatican Museums
• Basilica of St Peter
• Michelangelo’s Pieta
Breakfast. Today in the morning we will be in at the heart of the Catholic Church, the Vatican City. To truly understand the history and features that we will see the Basilica of St Peter, the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel., some of the most the greatest monuments in all a Christendom. Rest of the day free at leisure. Over night.
- Vatican City Guest House, Rome, Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy
Day 4: Rome
The tour ends in this evening. Those on the suggested group flights will transfer to the airport in time for the early afternoon departure.
- Rome, Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy